Jakob's Personal Webpage
Hey! I'm Jakob. Welcome to my website. I'm a current undergraduate at the University of Massachusetts Amherst studying computer science. I do a lot with programming, computer security, and lifting weights. I am occasionally active with the capture-the-flag teams 0xBU and To Shell and Back.
An alternative Gopher site mirror is available at this same domain.
- Nekopack - a tool for extracting game data from the XP3 archives used by Nekopara.
- Hypodermic - proof-of-concept shared object injector for Linux.
- r2-acs - a plugin for radare2 to disassemble Doom ACS bytecode.
Free Software Contributions
- radare2 - a UNIX-like reverse engineering framework. I've done a little bit of hacking on Dietline, their GNU readline reimplementation.
- GZDoom - a ZDoom-based source port with an accelerated hardware renderer. I was responsible for the discovery of a critical security vulnerability in the ACS interpreter.
- PINCE - a reverse engineering tool that'll (hopefully) supply the place of Cheat Engine for Linux. I am also the maintainer of the Arch Linux package.
- toxic - an ncurses-based Tox client. I was responsible for that horribly unmaintained Python scripting API.
- Email: jakob at memeware.net
- GPG: 5A7B 8C4C 70D5 FC3F 5E35 4625 3FE7 8039 D0E5 C118
- IRC: tsarfox on freenode.net, and jakob everywhere else. I mainly frequent Cyberia and the tilde.town internal IRC.
Recent Blog Posts
Replacing Anki With org-drill - posted on Fri, 13 Jul 2018
Recently, I read Michael Nielsen's essay, "Augmenting Cognition". It talks about some very interesting use cases for the spaced repetition software "Anki" that made me want to try it out again. I'm familiar with Anki, as I used it extensively throughout my last year of high school to study for AP exams. At the time, Anki's "killer feature" for ... (read on)