Jakob's Personal Webpage
Hey! I'm Jakob. Welcome to my website. I'm a teenager from Boston, and I do a lot with programming, computer security, and lifting weights. I love capture-the-flag and currently play for two teams: 0xBU and To Shell and Back.
- Nekopack - a tool for extracting game data from the XP3 archives used by Nekopara.
- Hypodermic - proof-of-concept shared object injector for Linux.
- r2-acs - a plugin for radare2 to disassemble Doom ACS bytecode.
Open Source Contributions
- GZDoom - a ZDoom-based source port with an accelerated hardware renderer. I was responsible for the discovery of a critical security vulnerability in the ACS interpreter.
- PINCE - a reverse engineering tool that'll (hopefully) supply the place of Cheat Engine for Linux. I am also the maintainer of the Arch Linux package.
- toxic - an ncurses-based Tox client. I was responsible for that horribly unmaintained Python scripting API.
- Email: jakob at memeware.net
- GPG: 5A7B 8C4C 70D5 FC3F 5E35 4625 3FE7 8039 D0E5 C118
- Tox: 07410242F6D82DD3C1240296CA989E0338B1B22DB1010EF2F7EC75DEE195E6055616A4060BFC
Recent Blog Posts
Decompilation By Hand - posted on Thu, 1 Mar 2018
My capture-the-flag team played in the Insomni'hack teaser this year. During the competition, I worked on a single challenge titled "sapeloshop." It was labeled as "Medium-Hard," and it was in the binary exploitation category. The source code for the server wasn't provided, so reverse engineering was necessary. I don't think that having to reverse the binary was supposed to be the hard part, as mo... (read on)